In a followup to the first EANS roundtable, School Choice Wisconsin Action (SCWA) hosted a second hour-long discussion, titled “EANS And The Choice Audit”.
The panel included Paul Helmers of Wipfli, LLP, Lori Saqer of Messmer Catholic Schools, and Jason Wrasse of Reilly, Penner & Benton. They addressed many of the common questions and concerns about how EANS will affect Choice audits.
After reviewing the various pandemic financial aid programs (ESSER, GEAR, ECF, PPP, EANS), the discussion focused on EANS and the audit-related questions associated with it.
The panel addressed the following topics:
- The $5,000 threshold dividing supplies and equipment
- Maintaining inventory of items purchased with EANS money
- Funding Options: reimbursement and request for services
- Accounting under the reimbursement model
- The value of participating in the EANS program
This hour-long seminar is full of useful, practical tips for taking advantage of EANS funding.