FAQ for Schools
FAQ for Schools
Welcome to the FAQ page for school personnel! Whether you are new to the school choice program or a seasoned administrator, there is a lot of information to process on a regular basis. This page answers the most common questions we hear from schools. If you don’t find what you need, contact us and we’ll be happy to answer any additional questions you have. Follow us on Facebook for school choice updates and news.
FAQs for Schools
How can School Choice Wisconsin assist with questions from board members or parents about the school choice program?
How does School Choice Wisconsin help schools that are interested in learning more about participating in one of Wisconsin’s parental choice programs?
Administrators who have considered bringing choice to their schools often consider School Choice Wisconsin their go-to partner or “help desk” as they learn more about the school choice program in this state. We can help you with questions like:
- How do Wisconsin’s private and religious school choice programs function?
- How do schools apply to the program?
- How do families apply to the program?
- What are the statutory, regulatory and financial requirements?
- What is the dollar value of each voucher?
- How do we market our school to parents and the community?
- What do we need to know that we don’t know to ask?
Founded in 2004, School Choice Wisconsin is the lead organization working to advance school choice opportunities in Wisconsin. Staffed by experts in government relations and school operations, School Choice Wisconsin:
- Works with legislators to expand and improve Wisconsin’s school choice programs.
- Works with the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to insure private and religious schools are protected from burdensome regulations.
- Works directly with private and religious schools to maximize their participation in school choice programs and to assist them with program compliance.